Monday, August 6, 2012

Embroidery: Split Stitch

As I have mentioned in a previous post or two, there is a really awesome quilt I want to make. 
It's dressed dress forms and it's all embroidered. I ♥ it a lot. 

Let me see if I can find the link........
http://www.bobbysocksqc.com/index.htm

Today I finished up my split stitch practice. 
I need more practice. LOL  
My cursive could use a little work too. 


I embroidered the Bible verse that goes with VBS this week. 

 I used four stands of orange floss on some chambray I had laying around.
The piece was just big enough.


A close up view.
Yes, I picked a pretty part. :-)


I did the back stitch here because the letters were smaller.
Looks like I need more practice there too.

I wonder what stitch I should practice next?? I wonder what design??
Maybe I should bite the bullet and just go for it already. After all, my skull turned out pretty good, right? Right!

I like having a little hand work at the ready. It might take me all year to do it, but it will get done!!

Wish me luck................

5 comments: