Monday, January 25, 2016

Let's Get Crackin'!



I have decided that one on my resolutions, for reals this time, is to sew for myself. Not just fun, kitschy, sci-fi stuff, but clothing. Time consuming sewing, ya know, the stuff that takes longer than an hour. LOL And looks good when it's done. hahahahaha

I joined a local sewing group Bay-Area-Sewists.

http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Sewists/


They have monthly meet-ups and the occasional sewing circle. I had such fun when I was in a regency corset sewing circle with a few members of the GBACG,  I can't wait to join one again.

I've been a member for a few months but the events fell on days where I already had plans. I was bummed. I am bummed no more; this Saturday I was freeeeeeeeeeeeee. I RSVP'd. I am going to get some good measurements and a little fitting help on a couple of muslins I have hanging in my closet. They always come out better with a buddy. Am I right?

It'll be weird not knowing anyone, but I have been the new kid before, I can do this!

Finally, the Eva Dress and Darling Ranges are going to come to life!!

1 comment: