Wednesday, January 4, 2017

It's a New Year!

2017....can you believe it? 
This year will mark 55 revolutions around the sun and 29 years of wedded bliss.
Wow! Just wow! 
A new year always sparks the urge to do new things for me. I am embarking on several creative journeys this year and trying to finish up some that I started last year...maybe even the year before.

Let's see, where to begin?

I started a Jewels of the Sea crystal challenge. It's due in 2 weeks. I have so many ideas that I just can't start, but start I will....tonight!!!




The next challenge is a year long one. So fun. Each day you take a stitch and a pic of your progress and post it on some social media forum.
#1yearinstitches2017   is being hosted, if you will, by Brown Paper Bag.
I will be posting my daily progress on instagram if you want to follow along. 
https://www.instagram.com/the_daily_stitcher/

A little peek at what I've done so far. It's a 14" hoop (35cm)







 


Finished up what feels like a million french knots. It could be better, free form ain't my thing, but I am trying to grow.


Used an antique spring hoop to mount it.



Cleaned out my ORT jar so it can progress with my projects too.




Yes, my office supplies addiction has yet to be quelled. Zebra Mildliners. 
So. Much. Fun.



Last but not least, our Christmas card. Just me and the hubs. The Dot was not thrilled.


Hope the new year brings you joy, love, laughter, creative sparks and the inner peace that only God can provide, if things get tough.

What's your new year going to look like? I am always for looking for fun, new things to try that don't involve my jumping out of perfectly good airplanes or touching spiders.



No comments:

Post a Comment