Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Technology Bites

 

I knew this day would come. I hoped it would be farther away than it is, but here we are.  OY and a half!

My old desktop, which works perfectly fine for what the hubs needs, is not supported by any browsers...any of them, any longer.

Just tried Firefox, which said it was supporting the platform until September....no freaking luck!

All that's left to do is, gasp, upgrade to windows 10.



I abhor upgrades - with a deep burning passion.

The backup, the time, the installation, the reinstallation of all the apps and data, the stuff that won't work with the new OS that needs upgrading, the expense, the headaches. It's not like a little seam ripper, it's like a seam chainsaw that leaves gaping holes.

What can you do? 

My son the techy will be busy. 

Yes, I can do it, I'm the one that started him on his tech journey, and I used to speak html, but I haven't had to practice in forever. Said computer is from 2010 and I bought this laptop at christmas time because I just knew, I jjjuuusssstttt knew, time would finally catch up with my legacy tech.

Here's hoping I can find a stable windows 10 and not kill my old computer and that my windows publisher will still work. The hubs prepares all his invoices on that program and it is super easy compared to word.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment