Monday, April 4, 2011

Progress

Current projects so far:



Taxes completed and e-filed!!! Wooo and hoooooooo   





The kitchen ceiling isn't a black hole anymore. The cans are wired and the sheet rock is up and waiting for a few more coats of mud and some paint. The light over the sink couldn't be recessed without a little major surgery on the rafters, so I will have to find a cute fixture for over the sink.






 


The ceiling fan in the bedroom was doing weird things and shorting out so I got to pick a new one. Nothing fancy-shcmancy, but it is brushed nickle and soooooooo pretty and it's mounted a little higher to the ceiling so my room feels so much bigger! I know it's just in my mind, but it's like I have really tall ceilings and I don't LOL



 




I also got treated to a great new switch plate controller. No pulling chains!!!  It is fan-freakin-tas-tic!! Fan??  hahahahahhaha  I didn't even catch that until I was re-reading!! Yes, I am a dork and I left the goober comment!!









The corselette for the wedding dress has had it's first fitting and the adjustments are marked on the muslin. I've got some serious work to do. I love leraning new techniques, and believe me, 
this is all new!!  Draping and major alterations so the bride doesn't need a long line bra but her boobles 
and dress are supported. 
Oh yeah, I will be learning a lot!!








This is the pattern for the top part of the dress and the over skirt. The dress will actually be short!!

Remember, you heard it here first: the Mullet Gown. Business on the top and a party underneath!!









Look, mini me is stuffed to look a little bit like the bride!!












Other than a prom dress alteration and dealing with my son's dead truck and the continuing saga of rasing teenagers, life is pretty good.

On the 9th of this month, the hubster and I celebrate 23 years of wedded bliss. I wonder if we have any together pics that are easy to locate.................

Did I mention that I joined another apron swap in the midst of all this?? LOL  Can you say glutton for punishment??

*****

2 comments: