Sunday, November 13, 2011

Started the nightstand in the Big Bedroom Redo

Finally, I am getting started on my bedroom redo. My inspiration was a red bedroom in Country Living Magazine.

 
I've never painted a piece of furniture ......ever 



My sojourn begins.....


















The first project is my nightstand. See my daughter's lovely sharpie scrawl? It's been there for y e a r s


 First, I took all the removable pieces off


The I started sanding with 100 grit sandpaper. Just a light sanding is all that is needed (or so the hubs told me) As I was sanding, I noticed a crack and some minor dents. The hubs said it gave it character but I decided I needed to learn to patch things


So I filled this crack and a few of the leg dings.


Tomorrow, I finish sanding and put on my first coat of......BURNT PEANUT RED.
I will miss having my nightstand for a few day. I guess a chair will have to do for another day or two. 
My next projects for this room will be to pick a wall color and make a padded headboard with a removable slipcover. I saw one online somewhere (before pinterest) with buttons going down both sides but I can't find it again....drat! I'm thinking toile like the foot stool???

Have any of you got any diy tips????

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Can't wait to see your finished night stand and that headboard idea sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burnt Peanut Red! Said it again....and I think it's going to be fab! Can't wait to see it all done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red. I think it's going to look great. Your inspiration room is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete