Saturday, October 27, 2012

October FNSI

It's been awhile since I signed up for the Friday Night Sew In, but I have been trying to sew.
This week I knew I was sewing soooooo I went and signed up at the last minute.
Can you say: procrastinista? Sure, I knew you could.

I can't show the completed blocks, because that would ruin the surprise, but I can show you some of the progress.......

We are all making Dresdens using Chateau Rouge by French General. Yummmmmm


I used five prints from each colorway



80 platelettes . Okay, blades...what ev..



The half way point...and boy, is there shrinkage.



Here's how I chose to do the "points".


Look how much smaller the sewn one is!
The blades are still the same length, but the seam allowance really made a difference.

I still have to mount them on the backing and do the embroidered center.  
Can't wait to see what I finally embroider!  
I best get to gettin cuz these puppies go out in Wednesday's mail and I got a houseful of family showing up from Sunday 'til Tuesday............... EEEEEK!


1 comment:

  1. Love the rick rack! Can't wait to see them all done :)

    ReplyDelete