Wednesday, February 12, 2014

LRs Very Steampunk Valentine Blog Hop 2♥14









Welcome to the third annual

 LRs Very Steampunk Valentine Blog Hop 2♥14










This year I decided to not do an embroidered piece. I know, I know. I did almost no sewing.....just a teeny tiny little bit.




I started with this little pile of goodies


I took things apart, markered up and dabbed some acrylic paint here and there. Glued and cut and taped and sewed my little bit of altered art.

I took the theme in a little bit of a different direction. You see, lots of people feel trapped by Valentine's Day soooooo... I trapped cupid. LOL

I couldn't pick the best shot, so here are both of them





I hope your Valentine's Day leaves you feeling steamy and not trapped!
Now, go and enjoy the other hoppers!













10 comments:

  1. Great project - I love the Cupid in the cage! Amazing how you transformed those supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous use of an uninteresting piece made into a FABULOUS project! great recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! This will be a fun gift or decoration for a Valentine. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative idea for trapping Cupid. Love birdcages, but never would have thought of putting Cupid in one, even though he has wings too. Fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling Idea! Love this project! Poor cupid ...well that's what he gets for shooting people with arrows! ~ LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super creative piece! Love the birdcage with the hand. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever using the cage that way ! Great creation ! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever! You are getting very crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am partial to bird cages... love your project!!!! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this project. Trapped Cupid...I love it!!

    ReplyDelete