Friday, February 28, 2014

Woolly Bully

I know it dates me, but does anyone else remember Sam the sham and the Pharaohs? My sister and brother and I used to dance in the garage to all kinds of music, I remember this one in particular. LOL

This post is about wool alright, Appleton Crewel Wool. Button, button.... is doing a year of samplers and next month is crewel work. I didn't know this when I bought my supplies....how fun is that?

I am trying lots of new things this year and crewel work is one of them...mostly because there are some really cute patterns out there and I like embroidery..





Both of these are from the etsy shop The Floss Box.   There are several cute patterns there and they come pdf form with tons of pics and supplies and tips...I highly recommend her stuff.

I will be starting with the Bee.
I picked up most of the wool I will need, and some floss bunnies too. DMC 6 strand floss is scads less expensive, but this gives you a whole other feel and look. I like it.

This little foray into wool might not have been so expensive it I didn't buy needle minders...lol
The flower is strong enough to hold a pair of scissors....wait....let me show you......


one pair regular size embroidery scissors, albeit totally fun reproductions


a big heifer pair on top of the other pair


even the itty bitties will keep a small pair in place
(yes, I am a scissors ho)

I will post progress as I make it and let you know. 
My philosophy....if you have enough UFOs, you will never have a chance to get bored. Yep, I am stickin with that! LOL

Happy Stitching.

And a little blast form the past......
Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs - Wooly Bully... by TOCARD-CONNEXION

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some new fun projects ahead :) Can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blast from the past!!!! I turned it on and had a blast remembering dancing to Wooly Bully. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete