Saturday, October 3, 2015

Here comes a little machine quilting

Well, I need to quilt a baby quilt. I was going to big stitch it with some lovly pink pearl cotton, but every time I went to pick it up, I just couldn't get motivated. It wasn't calling to me, as it were.

I have decided on machine quilting. but I didn't want to free-motion and I didn't want straight lines.  What's a girl to do?

I decided to play around with some of my utility stitches. I saw at blurb about it quite some time ago when someone was talking about mugrugs. I don't know if I remembered correctly, but the play time looks promising.

Here's what I have come up with...

  • Machine...Bernina 440qw
  • needle...schmetz 80-12 microtex
  • thread..upper....pink mettler serger thread cone...bobbin..aurifil 50wt
  • cotton quilt top
  • backing...kona printed from spoon flower 
  • warm and natural batting
Machine settings:
  • stitch number 4...stretch/stepped zigzag
  • length 3.5
  • width 5.5
  • walking foot


You can see where I fiddled with all the settings



 I like the one toward the middles on the right

Can't wait to give it a go!!


2 comments: