Monday, December 12, 2011

Spice up your christmas

A few more Christmas giftees d-o-n-e!

Crafty? Check

Tasty? Check

Thoughtful? Gosh, I hope so!

A little bit o' love for the men that beat teach my son karate.



I mixed together a batch of our infamous spice rub and added a few special 
smokey, spicy and flame throwin hot goodness.
I can't tell you what's in it or I'll have to kill you. hahahahahahaha 
Heck, even the hubs doesn't quite know what's in it and it's his rub. 
(shhhh, I am the mix master...don't tell anyone, k)

Are you mixing up any tasty holiday goodness?

If you have a Winco or someplace that sells bulk spices, you can buy the shaker containers there for a song!
The little baggies I got at the Dollar store, but you can get them at craft and/or bead stores.
The baggies are filled with ground chipotle..you can order it online at: http://dagiftbasket.com/ 
They have all kinds of specialty chili items. A good selection of single chili powders too.


6 comments:

  1. Yay! that looks yummy and I'm sure Sensei is going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great gift. My husband loves spicey foods, the hotter the better. This is a great gift idea. I'd ask for the recipe but I value my life! He, he!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool to give a gift as spicey as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the rub isn't hot. The chipotle sauce and powder is deep bbq flavor with a powerful bite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi just registered ,, tinas

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are just too dang awesome! what fabulous ideas!

    ReplyDelete