Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Something old, something new, something crafty I must learn to do!

I drove my son to work today and to not waste a trip "over the hill", I stopped at a local quilt shop. It was just to save time, fuel; very green of me, really!
I looked through their fabrics, nice, but nothing standoutish.
Bought some thread that I needed. Am loving Aurifil. It's easier to find than dmc thread for the machine, that's fer sure!
And then I saw it!! It was gor-gee-ous!!! A quilt pattern with dressed up dress forms.
I wanted it!
Needed it!
Had to have it!!
Bought it.
Just one teensy, little problem.......I don't know squat about hand embroidery. Small detail, right? 



Weeeeelllllllll, as I looked more closely (after purchase of course) I noticed I can also do it applique` style . I don't think it's quite as cute as the embroidered version, but I know how to do that! ;-) Except it needs some hand stitchery too.


Looks like I will be learning a new skill sometime after the new year. Drop in classes are on the third Monday of the month!!! Where you ask?? Thimble Creek in Concord, CA

3 comments:

  1. I'm lovin the embroidered version! You can totally embroider. It's not hard or I couldn't do it :) Can't wait to see it when you are done. By the way, high five for the green day you had :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking I would like to make that to hang in my laundry room. Oh, wait, I don't have a laundry room....shooooooot.

    ReplyDelete