Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 4...The Go to Meal

Does your family have a meal that satisfies everyone? Chances are you have one or two.
My family has such a varied taste profile, it's not easy to make everyone happy at one meal. My daughter and hubs, spicy, spicy and more spicy. Me and the boy, simple and flavorful, but easy on the herbs and spices. I am probably the plainest eater. I could eat a very boring menu and be perfectly happy 98% of the time. 
Our go to meal is: TACOS. Giant burritos...pretty much just a tex mex meal.
I am suppose to post a recipe, but I don't really have one. I'll just tell ya what I do, k.
*Meat:
My son prefers seasoned ground beef. I use the Taco Bell brand seasoning packet for that.
*The rest of us can go shredded chicken, beef or pork. If I am making this kind of meat, I totally plan a L.O.O.P. meal. Pot roast one night, season, shredded meat the next.
*Corn and flour tortillas. Yes, lightly fried into a taco shell shape. Not too hard, not too soft...jjjuussssttt right.
*The extras:
cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, avocado, hot sauce, hotter sauce, hotter even still sauce, seasoned rice, refried and/or whole beans, lemon or lime wedge and a tall glass of iced tea. Okay, the tea is optional but it is really refreshing. 

Your project: tell me your family favorites. 
You can also buzz on over to Kathi's Blog for a sweet little ecookbook surprise!

Okay, now for a book tease.

This recipe is in the book. S'more Brownies
All you have to do to get this recipe and the rest of the book is play along!! Ah heck, you could just go and get one at a brick and mortar store or online. It really is handy dandy and a fun read.


Happy cooking!!


3 comments:

  1. It all sounds amazing! I miss corn tortillas....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! I was curious to see how other bloggers' take on the challenge. You are the first one I found! Happy Cooking!

    ReplyDelete