Saturday, January 21, 2012

FNSI for January and mini tutorial

I actually got a lot done!! 


First, I made 8 burp cloths

A close up of the fabric. 
I HAVE got to find some that say " I love my grandma and grandpa!"


Next, I worked on a baby quilt
Look at those corners!!

This is my friend Denise's favorite block. It's called a disappearing 9-patch 
You start out with a basic 9-patch.

Then you cut it in half one way

Then you do the same thing the other direction.

You get blocks that look like this - - 4 blocks per 9-patch

Then you get to play with the layout
I still need to fiddle with it a lot more, then border it and quilt it and bind it.
My daughter just informed me that I need to make this exact quilt for her possible, future, child that she may or may not have. LOL  I can wait....a long time!!
Yes Denise, this one is yours...

8 comments:

  1. Totally cute! I love love love that you are embracing the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm in love. I have a list of quilts to make that I haven't gotten to yet, and I think this will be one of them! Awesome idea and gorgeous quilt!

    I believe Joanns has the grandma and grandpa one. I've seen it around here, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all of that pink. The fabrics are cute and the quilt is beautiful. Your corners are perfect! I think your daughter's comments are funny! You might need to make one and put it away in case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I must try thata disappearing 9 patch pattern! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I luv the Spring colors,,, maybe because I am waiting ever so (not) patiently for Spring to get here! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute. First blocks I made were disappearing 9 patch - for our United Way raffle quilt at work.

    ReplyDelete