Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sewing Progress

I've been pretty much doing this menu planning challenge....and believe me, it's been a challenge! AND, it's surprisingly nice to know what's for dinner. Who knew?
Started a couple of projects this week and this is where I'm at.


The disappearing 9-patch is pieced! 
I think I am going to add a narrow pink border and a scrappy binding.
The back will be something fun and soft!!

I am participating in a Steampunk Valentine's Blog Hop. 
This is the beginning of my background. Gears are a bit cliche`, but I love them anyway! 
My embroidery skills should improve with all this teeny, tiny detail work. 
Trust me, my back stitch is not fabulous. Not. Even. Close.
I wonder how I will do when I have to fill in a large space??? Will it look satiny smooth or like a cat's scratched up the furniture? Only time will tell.

Happy creating!!

3 comments:

  1. How fun that you are doing embroidery too! Love that quiltie and all the pink!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top quilt looks surprising appropriate for a baby girl...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is lovely and I can't wait to see your steam punk embroidery finished.

    ReplyDelete