Sunday, June 19, 2011

My top secret FNSI (Friday night sew in)

She gets it today so I can post all about it. 
(well, it's really tomorrow since I am writing this Saturday night. lol)

I blogged awhile back about my friend Denise getting her black belt in Uechi Ryu karate. She also just had a birthday. 

WWWWeeeelllllllllll her mom wanted to give her something special so she asked me to make an apron that looked like a karate gi. 
I hope I was successful!!

Your basic gi top.



I took my basic TNT (tried and true) apron pattern and made a few changes.


Gave it a v-neck.

Top-stitched for ev-ver!!!

And ever......

Then I attached it to look like a closed gi.
Yes, with more top-stitching.

 Only 12 more feet times 6 rows of top-stitching on the belt.
Then I attached it with an opening in the center so she could tie it like a real gi belt.


Almost done...it still needs patches!

Taa-daaaaaaaaaa
That's me modeling. She'll look better in it since it's cut for her!! And she'll probably tie the belt with the correct knot too. LOL

Happy birthday from your mom, Denise!!

*
**
*


3 comments:

  1. Seriously Gena......awesomeness! YOu are an artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH! I received it tonight and I LOVE IT! Thank you so much my wonderful friends. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete