Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Ghastlies Leftovers

I had 72 leftover triangles from the snowball blocks.....I just couldn't waste them........





Not sure if I am going to make a mini topper or a row of arrows for the quilt back....leaning toward the arrows going up the quilt back.

When finished, each half square triangle block will be 2" (5 cm)
A topper would be 12" square....tiny little chevron quiltie...tiny...Barbie tiny.

What do you do with your leftovers? I usually toss them in a bag and give them to a friend who loves scrappy quilts...but this time I actually used them.


4 comments:

  1. It could make a great pillow to go with your quilt as well! I haven't had time to make anything with leftovers yet, but I have a feeling they will become a future baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I like the chevron pattern and I think it would be cute on the back of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I save every last bit and make scrappy blocks on halved sheets of copier paper. When I have enough I turn them into window block quilts and donate them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chevrons are so cute! I save my scraps but haven't really done much with them.

    ReplyDelete