Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dresdens, Chicas and Embroidery....Oh My!

What do you get when you have four crafty friends who want matching table runners? 
You get a dresden block swap!!
I couldn't blog until all the blockies reached their destination....they have!!

They are big blocks.....15"












Mine

Anything I make Karen always has a little something extra...sss.sss.sss



As for the embroidery, I was playing with hoop style and size 
from a 7" clover to a 4" no name and two spring loaded.

Practice. You need to warm up your hands. I used different threads and stitches..
it's a mess so I didn't mess up the good ones!



Sticky-Solvy and in-progress stitching



Done! Just a quick rinse.....


Before and after the rinse

I can't wait to see how all the runners turn out! Probably sometime after the new year, we will work on them...I know I have quite a bit of holiday sewing to do and I am betting they do too!

Happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I love them all! I especially love my "ho"tastic block :)

    ReplyDelete