Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembrance and prayers

 Like all of America and most of the world, I became glued to the tv. I can so remember the day:
I was getting the kids ready for school. My husband called me......'have you seen the news?' 
"No. You know there is no tv allowed in the morning."
"Turn it on NOW!  My dad called me....just go look! You are not EVEN gonna believe this! "
He was right.


It's hard to believe it could've been worse. Those buildings were normally filled with thousands of people......THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS.
I wish we learned the lessons taught that day a lot better.
I pray it doesn't happen again. But it will, in a thousand insidious and seemingly unobtrusive ways.
In the name of God, remember. Remember that men, in the name of religion (a man made entity), masking jealousy and hate and a need to conquer, did this. Not for God, but for their own glory.
God is glorified through love. This was not love.
My heartfelt prayers and thanks go out to all those directly affected by the tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment