Sunday, December 2, 2012

Old Christmas Project Making a Comeback

I was inspired by my friend Amy to finally finish a tree skirt I started a very long time ago. 
Like when Debbie Mumm was uber popular long ago. See....long

The tree skirt panel


I started by hand quilting little stars.....look at those tiny stitches!
How in the world did I ever do that?


Then I started outline quilting the santas.
Look at that....not out 10 minutes and there is a big ol' cat hair on it...sheesh.

I KNOW I am not going to be doing the teensy, tinsy stitching, but I am pretty sure I want to hand quilt it. All I need is some perle cotton in the right color and I'll do the big stitch quilting. 
I won't have to go overboard since it won't get heavy use. 
Yeah, that's it, big stitch it is!!

Any UFO's you pulled out of mothballs and finished?

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute indeed :) Those little starts are pretty ambitious! It will be adorable with perle stitching. Can't wait to see it finished!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it under the tree! it'll be perfect!

    ReplyDelete