Monday, July 18, 2011

Skill building update

 The chart that I should've had with me went I went to a drop-in embroidery class at Thimble Creek quilt shop in Concord, CA

What it is supposed to look like when I get done. If I ever get done. LOL
What I managed to learn:
chain stitch
outline stitch
lazy daisy

I also learned that since I didn't have a pic or a diagram I did the wrong feather stitch...lol and those dots aren't a butt-load of french knots. hahaha








Anybody out there know where I can get a really good sampler???? This one isn't bad, but I've seen some of the ones that girls did in school in the 30's and 40's....just fab-u-lous! And disgusting because 10 year old girls stitch better than I do. LOL
Tomorrow is when I do my drawing and celebrate 1 year in the blogosphere!!

ps.....this sampler is from the Sublime Stitching Book. :-)


4 comments:

  1. Have you thought about looking for a book on embroidery at the library? They usually have lots of them and some of the older ones may have exactly what you are looking for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have checked a few out and then bought a couple. but I really want a good sampler. A lady at class today had a great one she got at an embroidery retreat....apple hill...something...hold on... crab apple hill

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job Regena! The only sampler patterns that I have are for cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for stitching :) Looking good so far. I really like the samplers from this shop http://www.etsy.com/listing/78031707/the-new-cake-sampler

    Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete